This two-day training series provides a foundation of knowledge and skill in providing Trauma Informed Care (TIC) to clients of all walks of life. The training focuses on enhancement of knowledge, skill and confidence in direct care providers. Information regarding stress and trauma will include common terms (e.g. stress, vicarious trauma, etc.), and will create an understanding of the holistic effects of stress and trauma on individuals, as well as the effects on direct service providers (e.g. compassion fatigue). This content will also provide an understanding of the impact of trauma on the brain, and an overview of trauma's impact on the process of change. Motivational Interviewing (MI) approaches will be utilized to apply TIC and other concepts to client scenarios.
By the end of the TIC training series, you will be able to...
- Explain TIC to a colleague;
- Understand the ways stress/trauma might impact clients or you;
- Describe ways in which change happens;
- Explore three ways you can be more trauma informed in your work;
- Identify at least one thing you could do for better self-care (or something you could teach a client or caregiver for better self-care);
- Utilize TIC to help interactions with clients and caregivers; and
- Develop a plan for utilizing TIC strategies on the job.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND? Front-line workers and supervisors across mental health and human services sectors. Includes (but is not limited to) those working in assisted living, homelessness, domestic violence, sexual assault, child abuse, community and family services, juvenile justice, corrections.
Eligible for 12 CEUs
Presenter: Melinda Marasch, Aspire Training & Consulting
It is my honor to do exciting work with the amazing, compassionate people in the nonprofit world! It has been my life’s passion to help others, first as a psycho-therapist and now as a consultant. I specialize in clinical supervision in the form of training (in-person and online), as well as individual and group sessions. We serve licensed and unlicensed individuals, as well as programs and organizations. I have expertise in many areas, including HIV/AIDS, domestic violence, mental illnesses and much more. I also provide coaching to clients who are motivated to maximize their assets.