It is important to ALL communicator to have a foundation of solid communication skills, problem solving skills and self-awareness of their own communication styles and agendas. Introspection is essential to effectively communicate with purpose, assistance and productivity. This Two Part Zoom Series of Effective Communications for providing services and counseling, is appropriate for all service providers, counselors and supervisors. All workshop will consist of two 2-hour sessions, separated by a one-hour lunch break. If you wish to register for BOTH Parts 1 and 2, please click HERE.
PART ONE offers foundational concepts important to understanding yourself as well as those to who you are trying to communicate with. We will consider varied communication skills with an understanding of the importance of introspection, cultural awareness, trauma informed perspectives, boundaries, ethics, self-care and a basic theoretical frame for strength based effective communications.
Part 1: Improved Communication
Zoom format on June 8 & 9
10 am to 3pm both days (Totals 8 hrs. of CEU)
Objectives upon completion:
- Ability to name and recognize the valued traits of strength based communicators
- Understand the foundational concepts of effective communications
- Understand how patterns and habits are created and influence perspectives throughout life
- Recognize the opportunities and importance of self-monitoring your own communication skills
- Understand how to interrupt ineffective communication habits and patterns
- Understand how to strengthen effective communication patterns
- Explore the hazards and benefits of problem solving and decision making communications
Presenter: Tracy L. Hutchinson, LPC, MAC
Tracy is a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Master Addictions Counselor (MAC), and Colorado Addictions Counselor (CAC III). She has been working in the field of Addictions and Mental Health for the past 40 years. Currently, through her Counseling and Consulting private practice, Tracy is an approved OBH trainer for Colorado Addictions Counselor (CAC) courses. She is a facilitator of professional growth and development for team building. Additionally, she creates and facilitates experiential/expressive personal growth retreats. Tracy was the author, narrator and co-producer of Levels Meditation, produced in 2001.