This three-session training series provides a foundation of knowledge and skill in providing Healing-Informed Care (HIC) to clients of all walks of life. Often referred to as Trauma-Informed Care, the training focuses on enhancement of knowledge, skill and confidence of direct care providers in work with those stressed and/or traumatized. Information regarding stress and trauma will include common terms (e.g. secondary trauma, burn-out, compassion fatigue, etc), and will create an understanding of the holistic effects of stress and trauma on individuals, as well as the effects on direct service providers. This content will also provide an understanding of the impact of trauma on the brain, planning, processing, learning, relating and more. Motivational Interviewing (MI) and other approaches will be utilized to apply HIC and other concepts to client scenarios.
By the end of the HIC training series, you will be able to...
• Explain HIC to a colleague;
• Understand the ways stress/trauma might impact clients or you;
• Explore ways you can be more healing-informed in your work;
• Identify at least one thing you could do for effective self-care
• Apply HIC approaches to client scenarios; and
• Develop a plan for utilizing HIC strategies on the job.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND? Front-line workers and supervisors across mental health and human services sectors. Includes (but is not limited to) those working in assisted living, homelessness, domestic violence, sexual assault, child abuse, community and family services, juvenile justice, corrections.
• For someone new to the field, this was extremely helpful!
• This training really improved my interactions and gave me the push I needed.
• Use information on a daily basis. Helps structure meetings and address critical issues.
• Loved this training! So applicable and valuable in our positions
Eligible for 12 hours Certificate of Completion
Presenter: Melinda Marasch, LCSW
Aspire Training & Consulting
It is my honor to do exciting work with the amazing, compassionate people in the nonprofit world! It has been my life’s passion to help others, first as a psycho-therapist and now as a consultant. I specialize in clinical supervision in the form of training (in-person and online), as well as individual and group sessions. We serve licensed and unlicensed individuals, as well as programs and organizations. I have expertise in many areas, including HIV/AIDS, domestic violence, mental illnesses and much more. I also provide coaching to clients who are motivated to maximize their assets.